By Royal Appointment


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
May 21st 2016
Published: May 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today was mostly about getting stuff done and stuff sorted prior to moving on again. I popped out mid morning to buy our seats on a minibus going to Vang Vieng tomorrow and opted for speed (4 hrs) over luxury (6 hrs). We sent Ed to reception with all our laundry, so that we have everything clean in our bags before we head to China in a few days.
When I got back, the room smelt lovely and Ed and Hat had set up 'Lemongrass' which did massages and beauty treatments. Cas was almost asleep as Hat ran through her post treatment feedback form. I made an 'appointment' and was treated to a very professional head, hand and foot massage and I took the optional hair cut and shave. Very relaxing.
For lunch we wndered down the mainstreet with umbrellas as the sunny morning had given way to showers. We had a meal at a French cafe and then visited the Royal Palace Museum which had been in use until the communists came to power in 1975, at which point the royals were sent to 're-education camps' which sounds ominous.
Our umbrellas were turned into handy parasols as the clouds cleared and the sun blazed down. Ed's became a machine gun/rocket launcher as we browsed the Royal gardens and motor collection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb