leaving tonight for the south of laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
October 2nd 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

30/sep

this was the 3rd consecutive morning that i ate at 'pizza prabang'. it was also the 3rd day that i ordered a fried egg baguette and a fruit shake. more importantly, it was the 3rd day that they had to go out for some ingredient(s). don't know what is kept on hand but i know i am getting fresh ingredients on my sandwich!!!! maybe it was my fault for changing up the desired fruit shake! no, i don't think that was it because once i ordered a pineapple shake but received a coconut one. bopenyang=no worries!!

at lunchtime i went for a massage. thought the pretty girl was going to be my masseuse but it wasn't to be. holly, a fellow traveler, got the girl and i got the guy. the couples massage, we had adjoining mats, was good. though we both were in pain when our calf muscles were poked and prodded!

1/oct

rented a bicycle today. rode around town for a couple of hours before getting a flat. fortunately, i was at the bus station which seems to be the only place to get air. i nearly made it back to the hotel before it went flat. more importantly, it went flat just at the restaurant i planned to eat lunch at. it was a grand green curry with pork and some unknown but delectable veggie.

while biking i happened upon a small village where most of the textiles are made. also made is rice paper. glad i took that back road even if it was rough on the cheaply made and all too small chinese bicycle, upon which my knees hit the handlebars on turns if i wasn't careful.

i also bought an ice cream from a little ol' man out on his 'bicycle ice cream cart'. i was turned off when i saw his obviously melted ice cream but i couln't deny him his sale. he spoke great english and was glad to have me in his country buying from him. i gave the ice cream to a local kid. only after i rode away did i worry that maybe i should have simply thrown it away?

nearly forgot. i arranged a night bus to 'vientianne'. should arrive tomorrow at about 0500? don't know if i'll be running into the remnants of a typhoon but i believe it has lost its' strength?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb