Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
March 11th 2015
Published: June 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Luang prabang is an UNESCO-protected place with 33 Buddhist temples and French colonial buildings. It's a special mix of refinement and acient charm. It was also the place where Stephanie, a friend of ours, joint us to travel through Laos for a couple of weeks.

We arrived in Luang Prabang with a minivan from Nong Khiaw and could'nt feel our bumb anymore from all the holls in the road, but we were so happy to see Stephanie again that we forgot pretty soon the pain. Stephanie had already met Thomas (Swiss guy) and Brandon (Australien guy), who were two very nice guys with who we did our activities for the rest of the stay in Luang Prabang. Upon our arrival, we went straight to see the sunset at the golden pagoda on mount Phou So, which overlooked the city.

Our first night together, so it was party time! We went to the famous bar Utopia, where we enjoyed thanks to the generosity of Brandon a couple of jägerbombs. All the bars in Laos close at 23 o'clock and the logical continuation was apperently to go play bowling. So everybody took a tuktuk and met at the bowling. It was really funny to see all the people playing bowling while being tipsy.

The next couple of days, we enjoyed the city and the beautiful surroundings. We went to the gorgeous Kuang Si waterfalls, which is one of the most magnificent waterfalls we saw till now. The water is turquoise blue and it reminded us a lot the waterfalls of Agua Azul in Mexico. We enjoyed a swim in the waterfall, as Laos is very very hot for the moment and had a wonderfull day.

Quite some mornings, we went to our french bakery ' Le Banneton' for some delicious croissants and omelettes which started our days full of happiness. We also went to the swimming pool called "la pistoche" for a lazy afternoon with some cocktails and nice live music.

We really wanted to experience a elephant ride, but wanted the animals to be well treated, which means we didn't either wanted to ride the elephants with a chair on the back. Unfortunately, after many agencies we coud'nt find any tour near Luang Prabang that offered such conditions, so we finally gave up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb