A day out to Kuang Si Falls


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 13th 2013
Published: August 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today, we all woke up feeling a little worse for wear, so had a bit of a lie in. Early afternoon we were going to rent out motorbikes and mopeds, but unfortunately there were not enough for all of us so we took a tuk tuk to the Kuang Si Waterfalls. This was absolutely beautiful, with menthol green pools - I even thought it was man made as it was so perfect. We spent just over an hour here, jumping off the limestone falls. There was a rope swing also hanging from a tree which you could Tarzan your way into the water, however, I was a chicken and couldn't walk across the branch to get to the rope.

It was also fab that near the entrance of this park, they had sun bears that were rescued.

On our way out, we grabbed a chicken thigh on a stick from a stall and jumped in the taxi to make our way back to the guesthouse.

In the evening, we got chatting to a girl from Bewdley, also named Charlotte. Charlotte and I had a lot in common and got on really well. She joined us for dinner and the rest of the gang went out bowling again, but I wanted an early night so Charlotte and I walked back to the guesthouse. I wanted to get up at 5.30am to see the monks do their morning alms.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb