Luang Prabang - The most charming city in Laos - Water for elephants


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
November 24th 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally back on land, we have 3 days in Luang Prabang which is the most charming city in Laos. The night market is our first visit where the locals sell handicrafts for tourists to buy, what a colourful and bright sight.

We take a tour of the Ethnology Museum to learn more about the dress and customs of the local Laos people, there are 3 Laos tribes that make up the population of 6 million.

Afterwards we head to the stunning Kuang Si waterfall where we take a dip in the water and visit the local Asian bears. The evening we enjoy a traditonal Lao meal partaking in a traditional Buddhist ceremony, I am blessed 8 times & where 8 white bracelets made of string. Food is curry, Mekong seaweed, sausage, sticky rice & other delicacies. Mrs Laos family are very welcoming.

Next day Yoko's 40th birthday (tour group) we spend half a day at the elephant park, where I get to ride an elephant called Bo in the water and on her neck, beautiful and relaxing plus a great foot scrub. We spend the rest of the day visiting temples, shopping & eating my first Laos BBQ which involved cooking the food yourself.

We end the night on a game of bowling after curfew hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb