Getting Out of Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
June 28th 2012
Published: June 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Needless to say- you can only do this for so long and so this morning we decided to clear up and head out. Catherine was always planning on heading north and although it’s out of our way, we recon we can swing it and be on our way back to Thailand on Sunday, one sleeper at time and in the meantime, where we are going sound really beautiful and there is a waterfall. So, another thing was that when we arrived here four nights ago, we read a sign in our room explaining that if you wreck your sheets and towels, you’ll be changed $60. We figured that this seemed ridiculous and that we didn’t have anything to worry about. This is until you’ve crawled into bed a few times having just walked home barefoot, over clay and dust and swam in a river. Another hazard which was set to leave incredible stains is that on entry to Star bar you have stars sprayed onto you and plenty written on you in marker pen throughout the day -which you’ll wake up to find imprinted on your pillow. However we were determined to get out of it, left everything as straight as possible and managed to pay out bill at the flat rate. Such a relief considering I’ve spent less that £80 so far. So we booked our bus and left Vang Vieng, glad we quit while we were ahead having more or less lost as many pieces of clothing and shoes as we’d gained and all in one piece.

Arrived in Langprobang this evening. It is really beautiful here, the bus trip showed us stunning views into the lush countryside. All the restaurants are decorated with fairy lights and lanterns and so dinner was a real treat. Tomorrow we explore,

Peace and much love to everyone from Katie x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb