On the move in Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 25th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello All!

We are spending our last evening in the lovely small city of Luang Prabang.

Since the last update, we travelled from Luang Nam Tha further north-east to the very remote village of Nong Khiaw which boasted stunning mountainous views from our guesthouse! We spent a night here and the next morning we traveled by boat for four hours to Luang Prabang, we arrived here on Thursday. This is a lovely town which has a lot of European influences as it use to be a French colonial town. It is also boarded by the river and has lovely little streets lined with craft shops.The weather has been much better a bit further south with temperatures in the mid to late thirties.

Today we took a day trip to a bear sanctuary and a waterfall were we gratefully got to cool off in the lovely fresh water. The sanctuary is about 30km from Luang Prabang.

Tomorrow our next stop is Vang Vieng were we will get the option of going 'tubing'. As it is the monsoon season and the river currents are quite strong, I think I might be giving this a miss although see how I feel tomorrow.

We finish our tour of Laos in just over a week around the 3rd of August. Before then we have about 8 more overnight stops to go which will bring us right to a town on the Cambodian border called Don Det.

Will keep you posted.

Hope all is well.

-Jen.X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb