LOUANG PRABANG


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
August 2nd 2009
Published: August 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Initially, we saw Louang Prabang as sleepy and untouched, and really pretty. The Kip was still proving a little tricky as well. The guest house where we decided to stay was a proper family run sort of a place, and it was nice that the kids woke us up in the morning but it made me miss my nieces and nephews even more! The night market was really cool as well, but the haggling was more tricky here as people just wouldn't budge, even when we walked away.

Louang Prabang had loads of colonial buildings, as well as lots of beautiful and really old Wats. We climbed the Phou Si (Sacred Hill) which dominates and stands over the town, and has loads of different Buddhas on it. The views from the top were pretty good as you could see the two rivers on either side of the town.

We decided the following day to hire out some push bikes, and we rode about fifteen kilometres to some waterfalls. There were loads of Laos kids jumping into the the water and doing back flips, even though the water was shallow and only came up to Rob's waist. I think they were putting on a bit of a show for us really!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb