Feb 21st and 22nd


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
February 22nd 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Laos country is so lush and relaxed and i love love love it!

We arrived here late afternoon yesterday ( the 21st) after another 8 hours on the slow boat.

On the boat we got a taditional meal made by the lady on our boat, and it was amazing with beans, noodle salad, fresh fish and these things of fruit called Tamarine. SO good!

We then stopped at the buddah caves along the Mekong. They are caves literally, and once uppon a time in the 1600's, the monks hid over 4000 buddahs there...not that many anymore as a bunch have been stolen. This is why you are not allowed to take ANY buddah uot of the country anymore. Kinda sad!

Then we stopped at the whisky village, where they make Lao Lao. that is Lao whisky.... oh my god! The strongest stuff i have everhad!!!!!!!!! Not to mention that itferments with a scorpion in it, or some other crature.... hahabutit was good. Here i bough some gifts, as this is the place to by hand made textiles.

We arrived here at 6pm and Olley, Sarah, Steve, Helen, Katherine, Niel, Mike and mysef all went to this place to eat called the Lao Lao Garden! Olley and i shared a Lao BBQ. They take the tiles out of your table, place this burninghot thing in your table, place a pot looking thing on top of it and we mad out own soup, and cooked out own meat. I had 2 Tiger beers... the 2L ones; yeah i paid for that this mornhing, butwe all couldnt help it eeing as our WHOLE bill for 8 of us cost us $60.20US! Yes and it was amazingly good food!

This morning( the 22nd) we got up early and went to the Royal Palace... THAT was amazing! There are no pictures allowed though. But some articles in there were from over 200 years ago, and they were ni amazing shape. This royal family lived there fror 3 centuries, and when the country became communist, they fled, and no one has seen them snce, so the palace is now a national mesuem. There were some amazing mosaics, clothing that they wore, OLD OLD cars that they frove from 1656 i think it was, and all of the rooms were made liek they would have been years and years ago.

At 11 we headed over to these waterfalls.... i cannot remeber the name right now, but they were sectacular! GREEN as can beewater, and we went swimming inthem, and of corse... Taylor eats it and i hurt myself! Haha i just og a nice bruise because I slipped in the muky water =P THEN i proceeded to wipe this catterpiller off my leg and got its stinger in my hand :P and other then that it was an amazing afternoon. It is really hard to explain these thins with out pictures, but i am going to try and get them on here by Vietnam when i have some time! I promise, so keep looking =)

I have got torun for dinner!

I will keep you poasted!

Love yeah all

Tay

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb