Now Im truly in Paradise!!!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 22nd 2005
Published: July 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

So Ive learned to not open my mouth too soon. Thailand was surely beautiful, but Laos is beautifuller. Im in heaven. Ive only been here for 3 days, but I wish I had left Thailand sooner, so I would have more time to explore here. The whole country is so laid-back. Theres no hurry to do anything. It would be very easy to vacation here. Except they only give you 15 day visas at a time, so that would be a whole lot of visa runs. Laos is also very French. The architecture and the food. And there are more trees and less electric wires. On the two day boat ride it was a solid two days of trees. Interupted with a couple of huts on the hill here or there. Id hate to see what becomes of that skyline in 10 years. Oh well, enjoy it now Kalyna. I finally got over my insane flu today. It is nice not waking up with a fever for the first time in over a week. Now Natalie is sick, with earinfection. Gross. And painful. Heres just a quick run down of what Ive done of interest in the past many weeks since ive written.
1 Got 2 tattoos.
2 Gone to ride an elephant.
3 Lost my passport.
4 Found my passport.
5 Exchanged money in Loas and got drug dealer wads of cash.
6 Went on a slow boat.
7 Slept in one of the crappiest guest houses in all of Laos.
8 Went on another slow boat.
9 Met a monkey.
10 Found one of the nicest hotels in all of Loas, for only 12 a night!

Doubtful if one more of these will go up before I get back, but well see.

Advertisement



24th July 2005

hola
You can get 1 month visa, if u will go to the Embassy of Laos .. this is what i did .. U have to pay around 1500 BHT .. this is what i paid, but different countries have different charges. Best of luck

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb