Laos!! This is wat your'e looking for when you are travelling!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
April 15th 2004
Published: June 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Waterfall near Luang PrabangWaterfall near Luang PrabangWaterfall near Luang Prabang

Monks do more than meditate
After Spending some time in Thailand, witch I found too touristy for my opinion, It was great to set foot in this 'unspoiled country'
By slowboat I took 2 days to reach the first City in Laos, we started in the north of Thailand and arrived in Luang Prabang. Not much Highlights in laos, but is just the overall atmosthere, the feeling that you get beeing among the people there. Different style of tourism, that atracted me. Small guesthouses with unbelievable frienly hosts.

In this country you get the feeling that there is no time...why hurry enjoy the moment and you have a great time. Visiting waterfalls and drink the milk from a coconut or try one of the fruit smoothies. Waching the quiet city life of the locals, play hackysac with them or bike around through the city and end up watching a schoolsoccer game. One of the best is bathing next to a waterfall and see some monks making summersaults intoo the pool.

I don't know what Laos does to you but it's just the feeling you get there traveling around. Still so pure and 'real' and a place where you forget what stress is....they don't know that yet and I hope It will stay that way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Ankor Wat, CambodiaAnkor Wat, Cambodia
Ankor Wat, Cambodia

Great place with numerous temples, the one even bigger than the other


Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb