River Rats


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
November 13th 2006
Published: November 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

With only a few more days left in Thailand we decided to go and see the Long Neck Tribe. It was really intresting as they don't actully have that long of necks its just the rings are so heavy that it pushes their shoulders down. We also visited a cave that monks used to practice in. It had all sorts of Buddhas everywhere. Then after a long day of touring around we decided to head down to the bar scence. We found one place that had happy hour from 6pm to 2am. They also offered to continue to serve us as we had our feet masseged. Thought we were in heaven for a good half an hour. The next day was spent recovering and relaxing, and just strolling through the town. Our last day up north we decided to take a cooking course. We got to go to the market and buy the ingredients with our instructor. Then head back to the cooking school were we made 6 different dishes. I think the highlight of it all was the fact that our instructor was a lady-boy with a lot of provactive comments to be made. We all had a good laugh from that. That evening we went to a really cool roof top bar it had no chairs so everyone just sat on the ground around a table well looking into the evening sky. The next day we were off again and this time up to laos border were we spent the night. In the morning we got up and headed off to immigration to get all our papers organized. During this process we ran into some of our friends from a previous trekking trip. We got on our boat with our friends and we were on our way yet again. The first day took uys about 6 hrs down the Mekong river. The scenery was awesome. Lots of really thick jungle and high mountains to be seen. At the end of the first day we spent the night in a hotel at a place called Pak Beng. It was a small village with lots of vendors and restaurants, but everything pretty much comes to a hault at 10:30 pm. Thats when the electricity is turned off every night. So we were forced back to our hotel for the night early. After a few hours of sleap we were up early and headed for the boat once again. Todays trip was nice and a little more scenic than yesterdays ride. It took us 7 hrs to reach Luang Prabang but we finally made it. Once we got here the race was on to find a guest house. Lucky for us we were one of the first off the boat. Meaning we only had to search for about 10mins before finding ourselves a nice little place. We also were kinda laughing as when we were checking in we found out that we had got the last room in the place. Kinda feel bad for everyone else after us as we had already asked about 10 other guesthouse if they had anything avalible but seemed to always get the same reply of were full. Well were off now for some dinner and prehaps a few drinks. We will write again soon. Hope everyone is doing well at home and take care in the cold as we will keep on enjoying the heat.

Advertisement



14th November 2006

hey i wanna see pictures yo!!!!!! lol but really if u can post some pics up!!! sounds like you 2 r having a wicked awesome time!! cant wait to ge the next "blog" ~much love Sarah PS - im soooooo jealous!!!!
14th November 2006

hahahahahaha.......never mind i found the pics!!! PUT MORE UP NOW!!! ;)

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb