4000 Islands, Don Khon and Don Det


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South
March 10th 2014
Published: March 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early and went for a walk across the bridge to Don Khon to have a look around and to see if there were any guesthouses over that side. We had slept well but the room had a lot of holes in so easy for bugs to get in and the mosquito net also had holes in so we woke up with quite a lot of bites each, so decided to look for somewhere else for the next couple nights.

We found a really nice place on the river! One of my favourite places so far. After moving our bags over there, We got something to eat then found some bikes to rent for the rest of the day.

We cycled back over to Don Det for the day and explored there. We cycled around most of the island, it was really nice a relaxing. There were quite a lot of water buffalo we came across. It was so so hot!!

After returning our bikes late afternoon we enjoyed a watermelon we had bought on our cycle on the little balcony area over the river.

That evening we decided to try one of the lonely planets recommendations in Don Khon, it was a little family restaurant in there house, it doesn't look much and it was empty but we thought we would try it. It was really really nice, I had glass noodles and vegetables and Matt had spicy papaya salad and spring rolls. Although he didn't quite realise how spicy the sauce was, putting a good tablespoon on of the sauce and stirring it all in, he took a big bite and his mouth was on fire! I only tried a tiny bit and my lips were burning for the rest of the night, it was so spicy! He managed a few mouthfuls not wanting to be rude, I don't know how.

We had a drink at the guesthouse before going to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb