Vang Vieng- Vientane - 4000 Islands


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South
March 10th 2014
Published: March 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We got picked up early in the morning from our guesthouse by a minibus for a 4 hour drive to the capital Vientiane.

We arrived early afternoon, and got dropped off at a travel agent. We were using Vientiane as a stop off point before carrying on to 4000 Islands as we heard there wasn't much to see or do there. So when we saw we could get the sleeper bus that night to 4000 Islands we booked it.

Leaving our bags at the travel agents for the day we decided to go explore for the rest of the afternoon. Just down the road there was a French bakery Le Banneton which we had first discovered in Luang Prabang, so decided to have breakfast/lunch there. It was very nice!

We then walked around for a while, but like we had heard there wasn't a great deal to do or see. We got some snacks for the journey, had a juice then headed back to the travel agent where we were being picked up from and taken to the bus station.

The sleeper bus was really big from the outside and had lots of bright lights and Winnie the Pooh on.

Inside there were big bunks, 2 to each bed. It was actually pretty comfy! We played card games for 3 hours then went to sleep. I actually didn't sleep too badly 😊.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb