Covid-free Laos


Advertisement
Asia » Laos » South » Tat Lo
June 12th 2020
Published: June 13th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Brasil Chugging across Brasil and a quick return to Blighty (where there'll be no laundering of the packs). found us in our most favoured of habitats, a local’s boozer. Here the indulgent management blessed their rare gringo visitors with a – lengthy - Celine Dion medley on the jukebox. We were touched and not too traumatised, but still thought this weird. Fast forward eight mo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 21


Advertisement







13th June 2020

Cadet Bone Spurs
Cadet Bone Spurs was convinced to move the date of his Tulsa rally to the following day. Perhaps someone told him there was no bunker he could "inspect" if the rally turned rowdy. The one bright spot in these rallies is that the Orange One's supporters may be too ill to vote come November.
14th June 2020

Cadet Bone Spurs
Like that, may be recycling it in the future. As for your last comment: the thought had also occurred to me but I thought it a bit harsh to actually state in the text.
13th June 2020

Happy Birthday!
What a unique adventure you guys have had! I’ve enjoyed your COVID diary and will be kinda sad to see it end... but onwards and upwards. I was slightly worried for Ali as to what body part Pot-bellied guy was going to present for shaving :)
14th June 2020

Covid diary
Hi you both, Thanks for the bday wishes and yes nothing would surprise me re P-B man. Not really been an adventure, more like staying with your rural cousins who eat an unusual diet. As for the covid diary... Well, we'll not be getting out of Laos for at least a month or two yet - so, only the location will change. Plenty of scope for adventure yet and hopefully less call to fall back on Covid and Trump for stuffing...
18th June 2020

What a beauty.
There is something about little things that inspire...sometimes they let one get close for a sharp macro...other times they say don't trust you buddy. I did a blog a couple of summers ago of the insects in my Aussie backyard. Then summer just passed the drought was biting hard and my insect haunts were no one home. Love this pic. ls this a Laotian dragon fly or a wasp?
19th June 2020

Not so tiny
Hi Dave, pretty sure it is a dragonfly and a good four inches in length it was too. And yes, I remember your insect (often on the wing) photos...

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 28; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb