Nasty Indian food


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Pakxe
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got to town about 8.30am, but there were no buses in sight and lets face it we were really trying our luck with this bit of the route!!

We decided to try and hitch a ride. Not much luck, people kept stopping, but only to say they had no room. Until...........................................

A really nice looking 4x4 pulled up and agreed to take us to Thakek. So we all slung our bags in the back and then opened the car door to find to our horror, that is was possibly the most beautiful car we had ever seen!!! It had cream leather interiors was immaculate and smelt absolutely divine, really really devine. We however after not being able to wash were not smelling so sweet and actually we highly embarrssed and tried not to touch anything and sat there trying to make ourselves smaller and smaller!! The two freind one from Vietnam and one from Laos were most accommodating and offered us water and pinapple and actually went out of their way to drop us in the bus station at Thakek. Bless their souls.

Only one bus to get, the bus to Pakse, inching ever closer to the 4 thousand islands experience.

The bus left at 12pm and then after 1hr we had to change buses (and take one of the passengers motorbike with us!!)Usually theu just put the motorbikes standing upright stpped to the top of the bus, but this time warranted the special reward of it being brough onto the bus with us and it was a joke trying to get on and off whilst clambouring over it!! No safety!!!

On the second bus we actually had the most amazing amount of legroom and Dan didnt even have anyone trying to fall asleep on him so it was really great. The only thing we had to eat however was sticky rice, which with soemthing else is tolerable but on its own it was used to just stave off hunger im afraid!!

Many hours later we arrived back in Pakse and got a great deal on a room and went for Indian. Well it was ok, you think if there are Indians actuallyrunning the place its usually going to be good, but no!!! At least in Nazims everything tasted different but we asked for spicy and then had to ask for fresh chillies to be chopped up and added to the meal as it was so bland, but Jasmines was terrible when we ate there a week later,everything that came out of that kitchen looked and tasted the same, horrible, even my long awaited naan bread stuffed with veg, was just some frozen veg sprinkled over the bread. And the really old guy there has issue with change he just doean;t have any, although to back up for the bad Indian food they do have a great range of ice creams, if he'll let you buy any!!!Indian at home is great and the real stuff in India is just out of this world, whats going on in Pakse?!!!

Advertisement



29th December 2009

shame on indians
indian are very nasty sumtimes i feel very bad

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb