Hello and sorry about the delay...


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Pakxe
December 21st 2008
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our journey so far.....


Hi

Here is my first attempt at a blog.... pictures and a catch up to follow for where we've been so far.

We're in Pakse at the mo which is in southern Laos, about to fly to Cambodia on xmas eve and spend a week in Siem Reap. Siem Reap is home to Angkor Wat and lots of other ancient temples and we're really looking forward to it. Palse is a bit sleepy and just a stop off before we hit the good stuff in a few days; had a bit of a hairy moment yesterday when no cash machines or exchanges were taking visa and thought we'd be stuck here but all sorted thank goodness.

Doesn't feel like xmas at all! Really really hot down here and not really a lot of festive cheer, not like the north but hoping it will change when we get to Cambodia or as soon as I locate a santa hat and some tinsel...watch out Asia, the British have landed!

Really loving it though, just got back from 5 days on a remote Island called Don Khon, partof the Four Thousand Islands and it was so beautiful. Granted there was no electricity or hot water.....but it was so chilled and it was nice to put down our bags for a few days in a row! OOOH! And we went dolphin spotting! We saw about two cos they're really endangered but that was great, the boatman literally took us into the middle of a huge river (mekong) and put us on a rock, really random.

I'll stop rabbiting on now but will try to keep this up to date and get photo's on here when I remember to pick up cable/lead and camera at the same time...the sun is frying my brain as well as a few knocks on the head cos the doorways are so low...and I'm only 5'3.

Love to you all and the merriest of xmas's xxxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb