Don Det to Pakse


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Pakxe
June 10th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Very early in the morning the light streaming through the window woke us both up and we reluctantly packed up what remained of our possessions and headed to the pier to catch our boat. Of course the rain was pouring and we got a tad wet but we managed to get onto the boaqt along with three others for the journey back accross the Mekong. Arriving at the other side we unloaded our stuff and walked the 500m to find our bus. After a fast breakfast of Pho we set off in the back of a truck for Pakse. This was when the light showers turned into a torrential storm. Mark wrapped himself inside his jacket and i hid under the tarpaulin but after a few hours we arrived in Pakse, safe and fairly dry. When i say in Pakse i mean a bus station about 10km from Pakse so after hopping onto another little truck we arrived in Pakse proper.

After walking around for a bit and checking out some hotels we found a decent one and checked in. After much discussion we decided to hire a motorbike and take a tour of some less populated regions. The hotel were very kind and gave me a lesson in how to start it/drive it whilst Mark looked on apprehensively. After tootling around for a bit i felt confident and we decided to head off the following day.

The rest of the day was spent preparing our route and packing our day bags for what promised to be a great trip. In the evening we had a massive curry and retired early for the following day's early start.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb