Hello from Kyrgyzstan!


Advertisement
Kyrgyzstan's flag
Asia » Kyrgyzstan » Osh
August 26th 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Hello, everyone! We are wrapping up an excellent trip in Kyrgyzstan... lots of trekking, climbing, eating, meeting new friends, learning new languages!

As you can imagine, the internet here in Asia is a little more difficult than earlier in our roadtrip, where we had our own laptop, electricity everywhere, and free Wifi!

Regardless, we have posted a few entries about our Kyrgyz experience - breaking up into the different segments of our trip so far. The pictures are a bit slower to add, but in the next few days, we will try to add more (so look back over old posts for new stuff).

The short version of Kyrgyzstan - Philippe had three weeks in the Karavshin (this isn't posted yet... sorry), we did a six day trek outside of Karakol, we camped in the Tian Shan - Ala Archa for those of you who know the area - and hiked/climbed for a week there... now we're in Osh (southern part of the country - more rural, Uzbeck, and conservative), en route to Kashgar, China via the Irkeshtam Pass.

We miss you all and can't wait to hear from you with news from home!

peace,

Philippe and Rachel






Advertisement



28th August 2007

Thanks!
Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to hear about what you're doing and maybe I'll update my blog too - though that will be so much more domestic than yours! Stay safe and keep telling us about all your adventures!
28th August 2007

Back in the Zone
Great to hear of your travels. I'm continually inspired by reading of your exploits and loving seeing your photos. Look forward to hearing about the next leg! Have fun! Steve

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb