Four Top Reasons to Make Japan Your Next Holiday Destination


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
July 2nd 2017
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

When it comes to choosing your next holiday destination, Japan may not be your first thought. However, there are many reasons to consider traveling to this awesome country. Many people who visit Japan for the first time will fall in love, and want to return again and again. With kind, friendly locals, amazing food, stunning landscapes and a multitude of amazing activities and attractions to enjoy, it’s no surprise that Japan is on the rise as a top tourist hotspot. We’ve listed some of the best reasons to make Japan your next holiday destination.

Reason #1. Stunning Temples and Shrines:

If you are a fan of Buddhism, ancient history or both, then the stunning temples and shrines will be enough reason alone for you to consider visiting Japan. In Kyoto, which is one of the best preserved cities in the country, there are around two thousand Buddhist temples and shrines, within the limits of the Kansai Region. Nara, which is located in south-central Honshu and is the capital of Japan’s Nara Prefecture, is home to no less than a huge eight UNECSO World Heritage Sites, which attract tourists from all over the world, who flock to see some of the best temples in the entire country. If you can’t wait to see these stunning temples for yourself, check out the great flight offers to Japan with Finnair.com.

Reason #2. Efficient Public Transport:

If the idea of putting down a massive deposit on a hire car when you go abroad isn’t for you, then you won’t need to worry when you visit Japan. In the major cities, you can find some of the most efficient public transport systems in the world; even if the trains, trams or buses are a little crowded, you can usually rely on them to turn up on time and get you to your destination in a timely manner.

Reason #3. Weird and Wonderful Stuff:

If you like anything weird, wonderful and a little bit bizarre, then you will really enjoy Japan. The birthplace of some of your favourite childhood cartoon characters and anime, Japan has cartoon versions of everything, the weirdest food flavours that you’ll ever taste, and even toilets that talk to you! There’s a unicorn-themed café, and you can find all sorts of weird and eccentric products from square watermelons to baby mops. Even if you don’t bring any of it home, it’s definitely fun to see!

Reason #4. Stunning Landscapes:

Outside of the city, Japan has just as much on offer for nature lovers. Visitors in spring can take in the wonders of the stunning Sakura bloom, with popular hanami parties where people get together to enjoy life with their nearest and dearest underneath the fragrant blossoming trees. Further into the countryside, you can enjoy rugged mountain landscapes, the magnificent Arashiyama bamboo forest, and of course, the awesome Mount Fiji, along with beautiful gardens where visitors can stay and relax.

Have you visited Japan? We’d love to hear from you in the comments.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb