Japan for the holidays! Day 1


Advertisement
Asia » Japan
December 24th 2011
Published: December 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Japan on Dec 23rd, Beth met as at the airport as planned and we took the train to Namba, which is in Osaka. It was about 2 in the morning for us when we got off the train. We headed in the opposite direction of our hotel by mistake so we wandered about for about 30 mins with luggage in tow before we found the hotel (with some help from a very nice Japanese man that has GPS on his sma... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Dinner!Dinner!
Dinner!

We went back to Dohtonbori for dinner



31st December 2011

We love Greg's Camo coat, Careful that nationals might think Greg is a walking tree!
1st January 2012

camo
we already stick out and the camo makes it even funnier
8th January 2012

The Ent
We called Greg the ENT of the forest. More pics soon! We are home and I can't sleep so I'll just work on the blog!
31st December 2011

Boots are all the rage here in Cyprus as well. All kinds and the higher the heels the better! We smile at the ladies wearing winter boots and coats on the 70F day, fashion comes first! We had a hotel experience that was very different than yours, we went to have a spa experience on our anniversary, the lady told me that their hotel would be just perfect, but she fail to tell me that most everything in the hotel is closed for the winter. In the morning I went down to jump in the pool, it was freezing so I ran to get a towel, but I couldn't find a staff member anywhere even at the front desk. There was a bell there so I rang it and a lady came out. She said if I needed more than the one towel that was in our room that it would cost 3 euro ($5). I told her she could keep the towel and we went for a cold swim in the sea. Really it was beautiful and God provided some wonderful warm weather! Can't wait to have you guys come to Cyprus.
1st January 2012

towel shortage
Yes, we were only given a set# of towels in our room and if you wanted more they were for sale at the front desk. Fortunately they did give us a few extra and our bath was awesome in Kyoto. I haven't tried it in Tokyo but this place is not that swanky. We are going back to the same hotel in Kyoto in two nights, we liked it so much. That's funny about the pool, weve had a few communication breaks down that are funny.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb