Check Out Time


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
June 15th 2009
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Note: In order to fully enjoy this entry please press play on the song Check Out Time by 2Pac now.

It's Monday morning so that means it's check out time! Time to check out of our Nagoya hotel and head to Kyoto on the Shinkansen. Yesterday was a great day walking all of Nagoya with Walter's MTSU exchange student friend Yuki. He was awesome meeting us in Sakae district to walk us around to all of the great shops and restaurants including a video game arcade where we watched some rediculously insane DDR moves and played some rock band type games. We ate pork wrapped rice balls, tonkatsu-miso, tonkotsu (pork bone) ramen, and conveyor belt sushi for lunch yesterday. Another day of amazing food that Walter with a good case of da mud butt.

Last night ended with our first (hilariously unintentional) visit to a gay bar. We were tired from walking all day so across the street form the hotel we heard a bar with loud karaoke coming from it. As we walked in the four middle aged guys sitting there all stopped and gave us strange looks. Most bars here have no women in them so we had no idea at the time. The bartender spoke really fast but after he asked us if we liked to play hide the sausagie we got to sit there and have a few more uncomfortable drinks. Everyone here is really good at karaoke I think they do that stuff wayy too much. Yea awesome. Walter liked it. Check out time.

Jordo's updated vocabulary list:
san- three
shi- four
hachi- eight
ju- ten
ikura deska- how much?
gay- gay
sauseji- sausage
chizu- cheese
kake- pour

I've learned a lot of words where you just add an uu to the end of an english word like chizu and its the Japanese word. Works pretty well actually. More updates later! Cyonara!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb