Update


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
February 26th 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Peak hikePeak hikePeak hike

First hike up to the peak this season
Ok, well its been a few long months between blogs so I'll try and sum up everything in a short a space as possible.. went back home to Aus for a month (although it seemed like a week) in November and came back to Japan in Dec.

Geoff came to visit which was good showing him the fun bits of Tokyo, just a shame I had a cold so could not go too crazy, but had lots of fun anyways, especially after hitting FujiQ Highland with the fastest roller coaster I have ever been in in my life and the craziest Horror house which went for about 15 mins, during which time I had to stop and take my ventolin cause I was so out of breath from running and screaming...

Arrived back in Niseko late Dec, there are a few too many Aussies here for our liking, but we keep ourselves occupied with the snow and try to ignore some of the 'Aussie Customs' that are brought here that really should be left at home.. but its all good..

Life here is back working, snowboarding, drinking (in moderation this time round) and loving life and the breathtaking
Hirafu Peak hikeHirafu Peak hikeHirafu Peak hike

Killing time in the peak hut
surroundings this place has to offer. Catching up with lots of friends from last season and meeting lots of really cool people which has been great too!!

Yesterday we had Yukitopia which is a snow/winter festival here. We entered ourselves in the Tube-cross which involved catching the lifts to the top of the mountain and then getting in a rubber tube and sliding down. Winner - first one down.. no rules.. was a bit messy and scary sliding backwards, seeing people plow into fences and off the course, doing 360's (not of will) and going backwards down the hill, but I managed to make it to the finals and get third place, Cheech cleaned up the mens and came in 1st, winning a nice 20,000 Yen. Lots of fun.

I will be here for another month or so, so if anyone can make it up here, please do!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Don't fall asleep drunkDon't fall asleep drunk
Don't fall asleep drunk

Satoshi should not drink rum anymore.
After the peakAfter the peak
After the peak

Chie and Satoshi
Shopping at Co-opShopping at Co-op
Shopping at Co-op

Think I need the big Aussie version..
-10+-10+
-10+

And to think this is a warm day..
OkinomiyakiOkinomiyaki
Okinomiyaki

The litertal translation for this food is 'put in what ever you like' which is exactly what we did.
Cake..Cake..
Cake..

Me and Yuki after I finished making my 'bet cake'..
hair of the dog?hair of the dog?
hair of the dog?

1 hr sleep, waking up still drunk and still smiling - not a bad effort..
Emi's ExhibitionEmi's Exhibition
Emi's Exhibition

Emi's Kyoto Original's Exhibition - very proud moment!
Emi's ExhibitionEmi's Exhibition
Emi's Exhibition

Boys 'natural shot' at emi's exhib..
Rikka LandRikka Land
Rikka Land

Geoff in Rikka Land - told him to leave that apron at home!!
ShinjikuShinjiku
Shinjiku

Shinjiku - reminds me of why I left Tokyo...
Izakya-ingIzakya-ing
Izakya-ing

Geoff and Richan, me, nami and shouchan..izakaya-ing in tokyo
Tokyo Tokyo
Tokyo

A roller coaster that goes through a building in the middle of the CBD?? only in Tyoko..
Geoff picking up randoms - again...Geoff picking up randoms - again...
Geoff picking up randoms - again...

Geoff and the randoms that he picked up at the next two tables!


Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb