not long now


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
April 16th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Been up to heaps since last entry. Too much to type here now.

So this week so far has been pretty relaxed.
Monday we spent getting some washing done and backing up all our photos. We did all this at the place we were staying. They are some on andrews mates and were so god to us. Every morning breakfast was ready and waiting 4us, same for lunch and dinner. The couple have a 3yr old daughter who would occasionally come up to me and ramble on in japanese and i had no idea what she was going on about. I just nodded!
Tuesday we were taken for a drive to Hakone. about 3hrs from where we were staying. The fam we were crashing with took us up there. It was pouring rain that whole day which kinda sucked, luckily it has been the only rain so far. Was a really nice little town. Big forrest surrounding a lake which looked to me like the ocean it was that big. Went for a walk up to some volcanic springs. It stank so bad!! Up the top u can purchase a black egg. Just a normal egg cooked in the volcanic mud. Looked sick, but i munched it down and it tasted like any other boiled egg. Thankfully!
After the black egg we went to a traditional Onsen. All the water comes straight from the hotspring under the ground. Was about 42c. Some old dude had a whinge about our tats. We're over caring about that now.

Yesterday (16th) took the bullet train to Niko. About 1hr ride, the normal train takes 2.5hrs! We used up the rest of our train pass which has been such a good investment. Niko was awesome. Maybe my fav spot on trip. Hang out there all day and caught up with a friend of andrews for dinner.

We are staying in a unit now. This the the married couples place. They left for honeymoon the other day. Just gonna hang round Tokyo next few days and visit Narita b4 airport on sunday!

See ya's soon!
Stephen


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

dogsdogs
dogs

Jade. i took this one for you! and NO, you cannot have one!


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb