Kansai Ken


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
March 6th 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our friend, Ken from New York came to visit us here in Japan. I tried to cover as much of the interesting sites of the Kansai region for a full three day trip. I had so much fun and have seen so many beautiful sites around my area. To top it all, Ken had full knowledge that his Merill Lynch salary goes so much way beyond my pay as an ALT in Japan, whose 6 month contract just ended, lol. Quite embarassed, he shouldered almost all of our tour expenses. Thanks!man.

Kyoto

We went to Kiyamizu Derra. Very beautiful specially looking from across the structure. I can imagine this site to be a lovelier place during autumn or cherry blossoms during spring. Next stop was the Ginkakuji temple. At this point I feel very cheated, the temple was undergoing restoration and it was covered with metal poles. I am very mad, but Im just trying to convince myself that maybe they had signs posted in Japanese that I didnt understand. Well, I still manage to get good shots of the surrounding pond and garden.

Arima Onsen

We boarded a bus from the Hankyu Umeda bus station at 11:20 and as everything else in Japan, the bus arrived on the dot at 12:20 Arami Onsen in Kobe. An hour leisure trip for a very relaxing day at the onsen (hot spring) and very fine Japanese lunch. Lunch and onsen for the day was priced at 60 dollars. The place was so tranquil and the food was heavenly. A little pricey but there's a lot of choices for you though. Go to the Tourist information located very near the bus station. There's varying prices to choose from. For the cash strapped travelers youcan always go to the public bath.

When we got back to the city around 6 in the evening. I brought Ken to the Floating Garden's Observatory to take a look at the city's nightscape.

Such a very relaxing day. I slept like a baby. My body felt so smooth and muscles very relaxed from the onsen.

Nara

It was very cold, and snowing a little. We weren't dressed warm enough, so we decided not to go see all of the interesting points of the Nara park. We saw lots of deers and the Todaiji temple, and were good for the day.

See you next time, Ken. We had a great time! Never been drunk for the last two years till you came for this visit. I'll send you the recipe for the ogonomiyake soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

KiyamizuKiyamizu
Kiyamizu

three tier pagoda
KiyamizuKiyamizu
Kiyamizu

im not sure, is it a black budha?
KiyamizuKiyamizu
Kiyamizu

pretty sight
KiyamizuKiyamizu
Kiyamizu

simple beauty and nature equals serene sight
Ginkakuji Ginkakuji
Ginkakuji

under reconstruction
GinkakujiGinkakuji
Ginkakuji

still beautiful even with those metal bars
Astroboy Astroboy
Astroboy

Kyoto station, my favorite childhood animation
ArimaArima
Arima

hot mineral bath, sugoi desu ne?
NaraNara
Nara

sorry can't resist
Nara Nara
Nara

temple guard
NaraNara
Nara

Todaiji


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb