Chris and Soren


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Yamagata
October 27th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Strathgets met up with Chris and SorenStrathgets met up with Chris and SorenStrathgets met up with Chris and Soren

- for Japan stories. Their time has been full of great stories and we found good food, sake and high rise views.
We raced down to Nagoya from Hakodate on a local train and 2 Shinkansen to meet up with Chris and Soren, our friends from the Blue Mountains. They have been here on an exchange with the Blue Mountains' Sister City of Sanda. It was great to share stories and pictures of each of us in Japan. They had some great adventures and had worked hard. They were really ready to go home after 3 weeks. It was interesting to hear about Japanese traditional ways of protecting the environment and to see their photos. I really like the photos of person who made masks from natural forest forage: those who know Chris and Soren we recommend that you go hear their talk on their trip.

We enjoyed going up the tallest building in Nagoya: 41 floors on an external lift so you could look out and see the ground disappearing. So smooth and fast. Chris and Soren previously had found a good restaurant but even so our ordering resulted in a surprise dish- rice surrounded by omletty egg surrounded by gultinous something we did not know. The beer and sake were easier to work out!

We were disappointed to find
Chris and Soren in NagoyaChris and Soren in NagoyaChris and Soren in Nagoya

What are we doing in a fabric shop? Undercover fabric critics!
that the Robot museum had closed!! is nothing sacred? We went fabric shopping the next day; and the last we saw of Soren and Chris was as they headed off to meet up with a kind Japanese person who was driving Soren to a shop selling Japanese dolls. Hope they got what they wanted! We headed towards Hiroshima - 3 hours. Last day of our JR Pass.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb