international friendship run and marathon


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
February 21st 2015
Published: February 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

So Saturday was international friendship run day. Grace and I went to run a 5k run with the other international entrants and friends. We also went to the expo to pick up my number which was totally insane! The japanese love to que and boy were they queuing for everything. There was very long music and 1000 of people picking their numbers up.

Eventually we escaped and went down to the river to get a boat across to come home. Phil and Sam were very upset that we didn't get to go on the James Bon looking boat, in fact I'm not sure who sulked more!

We decided in a quiet night in with pizza as a rest before the race.



Sunday dawned bright and early after sadly a terrible night sleep with jetlag and the compulsory aeroplane cold. Grace has been filling me with tablets which I think have helped.

After a rather uncharacteristically unorganised security area and baggage check the rest of the race was amazing. Half of Tokyo seemed to be a 'team smile' thousands of people giving out water and food and generally on the course- of course they were all
GOPR0616_1424602044268_highGOPR0616_1424602044268_highGOPR0616_1424602044268_high

Waliking to the line
shouting japanese into megaphones so Lord knows what they were saying! Multiple food and water stops - banana tomatoes and beard with sweet bean paste, surprisingly nice when you are sick of gels!

Grace and Phil were uber spectators and popped up here there and everywhere so I managed a nice run round, taking in some sights and seeing them and still managed 4 hours 13 mins.

Now i'm exhausted so good night


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb