Dinner & Drinks With Friends


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
August 27th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all!

This blog is about some of our last couple of days in Tokyo, and how we shared them with some of the new friends we have made there! Most of these friends Larry met while teaching English lessons at Nova. We're both really glad that we got to share some time with them over good Japanese food and drinks before we left...

The first bunch of pictures are from one of our first outings together....at a cute, little Japanese-style restaurant in the Atre. Here, we had dinner and shared stories with everyone. Larry and I also tried a lot of new foods - including fish eyeballs and raw horse meat! We both agreed, it's no Angelo & Maxi's or Dos Caminos, but definitely an experience to remember!

Our second group of pictures is from another night we all spent together, this time atop the Emion Tokyo Bay Hotel! Here, there was a quaint, but classy lounge called KAI BAR, where we had some drinks overlooking Shin-Urayasu (where we lived). It was beautiful at night with all the lights, not to mention Disneyland's fireworks could also be seen in the distance! After a few drinks at KAI BAR, we headed over to LOCO DISH for some more drinks and dinner. Here we tried a lot of other new foods - including "devil's tongue" and Japanese radish, both of which were very interesting.... We also met a REALLY cute, little Japanese girl named Hinata. She loved playing with us and wasn't scared of us like some Japanese children are. In fact, her mom and dad told us that she had said to them that she thought we were a prince and princess! How cute is that!?!?

That's all for now, folks!
Love,
Larry & Melanie

JAPANESE FOR THE DAY: "kampai" - Cheers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb