Krissy's Visit to Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
August 16th 2006
Published: September 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

This weekend was particularly fun because we had another visitor to entertain - Larry's cousin, Krissy! She was visiting Japan with a couple friends, Dave and Roseanne, and so we showed them around during our couple days off of work...

On Tuesday evening, we decided to go to a really cool, themed-restaurant called NINJA. Although a little on the pricey side, this restaurant was recommended to us from many people in Japan, and so we had to try it -and were REALLY glad that we had!! Here, as we waited at the front of the restaurant to be taken to our table, a ninja waiter mysteriously appeared out of a trap-door in the wall and led the way. Before getting to our table though, we first walked through small, dark tunnel-like hallways, with low ceilings and surprises around every corner. It was funny....we kept thinking ninjas were gonna jump out at us and so we were scared and huddled together, although that never happened!

Once at our table we ordered the 7,000 yen set-dinner, which had 10 different courses! Some were delicious and some were just not (i.e. - "lobster pudding")!! Our ninja waitress was great though...she cooked some "stone soup" for us at our table for one particular course, and she was always entertaining us in one way or another. We also had a magician come by during our meal, who had us cracking up with one trick he did, that started with a small ball and ended up with a huge lime coming out of nowhere!

The next day we were tentatively planning on going to Nokogiri-Yama, but we got a late start....so instead we headed to Harajuku for lunch and a little shopping. That small sign on a table pictured below is an actual sign we saw window-shopping at a handbag store!!! Anyway, later that evening, we went back to Chiba for a Chiba Lotte Marines' baseball game. Larry and I had been to a few of their games in the past, but this game was by far the most fun and memorable because we got to go on the field before the game started and meet Bobby Valentine! (Former NY Mets' manager) Another first, we sat in the bleechers this game, which was absolutely CRAZY! Everytime our team was up to bat, we stood and cheered, chanted, waved flags & banners, and sang songs (well, as best we could) along with the rest of the loud fans! It was a great time!!

Our last day together we ventured out to Yokohama. Larry and I had been to Yokohama once before, but because we had had such a great time there, we had been wanting to visit again. This time, we did completely different things than we did last time too. First, we went up in the Landmark Tower - the tallest building in Japan! From the top the view was beautiful, but I think we enjoyed the ride up there just as much, since the elevators in this building are the fastest in the world! It was funny....we went up so many floors and it only took a couple seconds, not even comparable to the 15 or so seconds it takes to only go up 7 floors at my apartment building!!

After the Landmark Tower, we revisited CosmoWorld to go on a couple of rides, had lunch in an old warehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, and then stopped to watch some street performers. All in all, a really nice ending to a really fun weekend! Thanks for visiting us, Krissy!


Love,
Larry & Melanie

JAPANESE FOR THE DAY: "Tsukare mashta uchi ni kaerimas" - I'm tired, I'd better go home! 😊





Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



3rd September 2006

nice pose
I like Melanie's pose in front of the "Muscle Theatre." One of my favorites from the entire set of blogs!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb