B5 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
September 12th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I read an interesting article today. It was about how Japaneses Prime Minster Shinzo Abe vowed to increase Japan's defense as a result of the territorial issue with China. For those who do not know, a small set of islands called the Senkaku to Japan, and the Diaoyus to China, residing near Okinawa, Japan however, it also resides near the Chinese territory in Taiwan. The two country age arguing about who truly owns the islands; thus, the two are placing military forces near the islands to fight for control. As a result, Abe states that he will work with other Oceania countries that shares the same beliefs as he does. Japan has already tracked military actions from China near the islands, meaning that it will be soon that Japan will have to take action as well.

Based on the article, the current political structure of Japan is widely supported by its citizens from their leader. The Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, makes the choices he believed were the best for Japan. He decides to publicly state his plan about the island issue to his people than to privately make the decision without the public knowing. Furthermore, he reviewed his plan with the people in his office, meaning that he wanted a second opinion on how his plan will affect his country, Through this, i can tell that this is a major issue Japan currently is facing and everything that happens through thispromise will affect the future.



Source: http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/abe-pledges-to-boost-japans-defense-capability

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb