1 Week of Toyko


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
January 2nd 2002
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

You've seen it in the movies, you've read it in books, you heard about it from your friends... everyone ought to visit Tokyo at least once in their lifetime. Why? Because its cool thats why! A few things I distinctively remember regarding to Tokyo was how traditional it was during new years. Everyone is out wearing their Kimonos and we went to the Emperial Palace to see the Emperor and fought the crowd there. Just the fact that it is one of the most modern places in the world, yet they've manage to maintain much of their tradition and values is quite an amazing feat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Emperial PalaceEmperial Palace
Emperial Palace

BANNNZAAAIIII... BANNNZAIIII... the crowd was wild when the Princess held up her baby.
Shopping ParadiseShopping Paradise
Shopping Paradise

Can you expect anything less from one of the strongest consumers in the world?
Going to the Temple on New Years DayGoing to the Temple on New Years Day
Going to the Temple on New Years Day

How could I forget the crowd on the day of new years itself. It was a mad rush to the temple near my friends house in Tokyo. I believe my friend even bought a "wish arrow" something he ought to return after making a wish to the same place. I wonder what he wished for and if it came true...
Modern TokyoModern Tokyo
Modern Tokyo

A panoramic shot of Shibuya... still awesome!


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb