Sega Joypolis in Odaiba, Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
April 13th 2006
Published: May 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

The day we decided to revisit Odaiba, the weather was rainy and not very pleasant. So, we headed to the opposite side of the island, where we heard there was a lot to do indoors. Here we were not disappointed at all! We spent the entire afternoon shopping, playing games and exploring Sega's Joypolis - an indoor amusement park/arcade complete with rides, virtual reality games and even a 3-D horror show called "Dark Chapel". I think by far though our favorite thing there was the snowboarding ride...we rode it at least 3 times each!!!

While shopping at Decks, a large indoor shopping plaza adjacent to Joypolis, we went back in time. Well not actually, but there was a floor that had many western items from the fifties, sixties, seventies, and maybe even the eighties. They had every kind of Coca-Cola memorabilia imaginable and we were able to play some old pinball machines and video games, including the arcade version of Ms. PacMan & Galaxy. We even played this shooting game in which we won crappy little candy things. It was kind of like a B.B. gun but you shot corks instead, and if you knocked the prize off its platform you got to keep it. We were able to play alot longer too because the corks, from our gun and others, would somtimes bounce off things and land around us. So Melanie would search the grounds for corks until she got yelled at by the manager of the game. That's my girl.

Before heading home, we stopped to take a few pictures of Tokyo Bay and in front of the infamous Rainbow Bridge. We hope you enjoy!!

Love,
Larry & Melanie

JAPANESE FOR THE DAY: (AND, shoutout to Danny who is the first cool person to book a ticket to visit us here in Japan!) 😉

"In-ta-net-to-ka-fe wa do-ko des ka?" - "Where's the local Internet cafe?"


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



22nd May 2006

BIRTHDAY
WE HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY...HAPPY BIRTHDAY..
23rd May 2006

Wadda mean?
What do you mean the first cool person to book a ticket!? I've already seen you in Japan and for the record am super cool! :-) Joypolis was Gregs favorite place in Japan too. You have to get brave and go to the bath house in Odaiba, it was out of this world! love the blogs, Makes me want to go back to Japan. Later, Tami

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb