Tokyo August 20th


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
October 25th 2009
Published: October 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke up feeling refreshed and relaxed, but that didn't last too long. We had to carry both boxes of paintings this time to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Ueno Park. It was terribly exhuasting in the humidity and we miscalculated the walk to the entrance through Ueno Park and ended up walking two miles. After a few hours we were finally able to have the paintings hung and take a lunch break at Cafe Muse where we had ice cream sundaes. The ice cream was sprinkled with lovely mult-colored sprinkles and such. We were lucky to be in Ueno when the thousands of lotus blossoms were in bloom. It was amazing. And at one point we saw a wild bunch of turtles, ducks, and fish being fed. They were all jumping out of the water, snapping for food. We then wandered aroudn the Ameyoko shops under the train station. Literally everything was sale from $100 square watermelons to giant bunches of squid. We stopped for dinner at the Pink Cow in Shibuya. The Shibuya district is full of neon lights and crowds, but off the beaten path is this tiny vegan place that served yummy burritos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb