Day 51 Wednesday June 24, 2009


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 24th 2009
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 51 Wednesday June 24, 2009

Woke at 8am and paid 300 baht for a taxi to the airport. We had tons of baht left over so we bought some souvenirs with it because we would have been screwed by the exchange rate. Our flight to Tokyo departed at 6:50am and arrived in Tokya at 3pm (only 2 hours ahead of Bangkok). We stored our big bags in the airport overnight so we wouldn't have to lug them all over the city. We took the airport limousine bus to the Grand Prince Hotel in the Asaka area. It was nice to take a shower with a washcloth in a real shower and to stay in a hotel that not only provides a soft bed, but all the toiletries you could dream of as well. No wonder the Japanese travel so lightly. They even provide pajamas! Our room is on the 23rd floor with a huge bay window with a couch below. I could live here! I love looking out of the window at the cityscape below. It's amazing to see the traffic moving smoothly and only pedestrians on the sidewalks again. No motorbikes. After ridding ourselves of the Bangkok gunk we to the subway to the Roppongi area (the hip area to be after work apparently) and explored this wonderful city for the last time. I will definitely come back to Japan again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb