Ginza-odaiba 16/10


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
October 18th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We made our early start (out of the hostel at 5am) although subway gates didnt open till 6 so we made our way to shibuya (where trains run from 5am). We finally made it to ginza and got to tsukiji fish market by 7ish (it starts at 5am and the earlier you get there the better the experience). It was absolutely hectic and there were loads of trucks bikes and forklifts rushing to get the biggest freshest fish out to be sold at the market. Most tourists end there visit with a sushi breakfast but me and dave opted out of this for obvious reasons.

As it was early ands nothing was open we went and sat in hibiya park before heading to kabuki-za theatre. You can buy a cheap ticket that lets you see one act so we watched the opening scene. Kabuki is usually played by men (even the female parts) although there was one little girl playing the role of the princess. The men were dressed as geishas and in other beautiful costumes and it was really fun to watch. We could not understand what was being said but had read the story before hand and the acting was really obvious.

After this we looked in hakuhikam toy park, Which is huge and full of lots of cool toys. The best was the biggest scalectrix I have ever seen (filled quite alot of space on one of the floors).

As we were in tokyo I thought we should visit tokyo tower before we left and as it was near by we had a look around zojo-ji temple.

To end our day we got the subway to rainbow bridge and walked along it to obaiba beach where we watched the sunset while waiting for it to go dark so all the cool lights were turned on along the bridge. The walk back was really pretty as you could see all the lights on the buildings and the ships and it was a reallly nice way to end our stay in Japan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb