Ginza 13/10


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
October 17th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As we headed out for the day we were stopped by a Japanese guy trying to sell us a house in Asakusa. We were tempted to take a free tour to get some free food, but figured it would be quite mean.

After struggling to find our way around ginza (as we had to conflicting maps), we finally arrived at the sony building. The sony building was quite cool but much smaller than we expected. You were allowed to try out the latest products (listening to music players, playing computer games on big screen tvs, and watching kabuki, which is a type of Japanese theatre. Our favourite part was the cinema room which was a big sound proof room with a very large screen and really loud speakers, not to mention the comfortiest chairs ever.

Ginza is full of posh totty with dressed up animals. We actually saw a cat on a lead wearing a big red hoody, although cute in a weird way it is quite cruel.

We went to search for the 2 recomended shops in Ginza ( Mitsukoshi and Wako) however Wako was under construction so you couldn't go in.

Mitsukoshi is very expensive-well out of our league, as are all the shops in Ginza(although mum you would love it as it has a Harrods inside the store). The town is extremely busy and the roads were closed off and chairs and tables were in the middle of the road instead.

As it was our last night in Asakusa, we went back to the arcades to play some Tekken 6 and sat out at the front garden.

Was talking to a guy from th hostel and apparently to get into a club in tokyo it costs 10000yen (about fifty pound) and you have to get the last train out at 11pm and the first train back isnt until 5am making it a very expensive night out (save to say we won't be doing that on our budget.

Advertisement



18th October 2008

Clubs and trains
That guy who talked about a club was probably a bit drunk :) Clubs are usually around 3000 yen entrance and with that you USUALLY get a drink or 2. The last train leaves at around 12.00-12.30 depending on which line you use. The metro however seems to allways stop around 12.15 :-( Should not miss the clubs in Shibuya! Personally I really enjoy a night at "Club Camelot" (About 7 minutes walk from Hachiko exit. 3500 Yen entrance with 2 drink coins.)

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb