First day of travel


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
November 21st 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, my day started off well, made it to the airport on time, got onto the plane and that's when all the fun started.........we were supposed to leave at about 5:40 am and about an hour later they had us get off the plane and before long the flight was cancelled. They put us on another flight but needless to say we missed all our connecting flights. I finally got to Dallas, made arrangements for another flight that went from Dallas to Denver and then finally to San Francisco. So lots of time on the airplane. But what a view, we have the most beautiful country and I don't think we appreciate it as often as we should. As I was flying across the country, I had a chance to see so many different parts and each part is so awesome. Across Texas the whole landscape looked like an abstract woven tapestry in gently hues of violet, greens and golds.......by contrast the mountains near Denver totally humbling in their majestic beauty. And the gently rolling hills of California and the waters of the bay of San Franscisco are a sight not to be missed.
Sorry, folks, but yes I really do think about those things.....lol

It is such an honor to be on this trip, to be selected from over 2500 applicants to represent our country and the very respected field of education. I only hope I can do it justice. We leave early in the morning for Japan, but will actually arrive there on Tuesday, I still don't have it all figured out, but am just going to go with the flow.....

Time for me to go to bed, but am already missing everyone!
Love you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb