why there is no place like Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
September 17th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=z4d6888JB70]First off i would like to thank everyone for their comments they make my day! Abby if you are speaking Korean when I come back I will give you my first born and it can call you mom...in Korean. Sadly, as awesome as your logic is, if you speak Korean to me when I come back I will have no idea what the hell you are saying to me. EXCEPT, i do know how to say "Kamsahamnida" meaning "Thank you" - but this is only because I watched an episode of CSI in which Grisham apprehends some Korean wrong-doers in a Vegas casino and says to them "Kamsahamnida!" Kathy I loved your pictures of Germany! they are awesome...although i'm a little confused about why you are always standing in front of a door. i assume the door leads to a cool place....like narnia (wasn't that in Germany?). Krissy, i love getting text messages from you. If i got a text message from you every hour of every day i'd never have anything to be down about because i miss you, but i think that maybe when mom gets the bill she is going to cry. I also like how, even tho i'm in Japan, you still text me and tell me to tell mom where you are.

So tonight was the seson finale of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e - the most popular drama here in japan. It was awesome and I almost missed it! Luckily when i went to go change clothes for Badminton practice today at 6 i had somehow only managed to pack a sports bra and socks...two pairs of socks. No, I have no idea how that happened either - maybe god just wanted me to watch the finale of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. On the way back home I thought about the wasted 420 yen that the bus had cost me and decided to get a treat from Beard Papas right outside the station to forget about it. They sell these big bread things with your choice of Custard or, suprise!, Green Tea inside. I bought the custard one but when i sat down to eat it I choked on the crumbs which somehow turned into a bloody nose - not a terrible one tho. so i somehow made it to my plat form to catch the train home, but the stares from people who probably
Animal Costum Dancers from Japan wooAnimal Costum Dancers from Japan wooAnimal Costum Dancers from Japan woo

For initiation into the dorms on my college campus, the new students had to dress up as different japanese cartoon/anime characters or in famous trends like as a japanese school girl for the entire week. Then on friday they all had different dances and performances they had to perform during lunch.
took my teary eyes and sniffles as a severe coke addiction didn't go unnoticed. After I made it home, watched the finale of Hana Kimi, and called my mom.. my host mother, who also watches Hana Kimi, came knocking on my door...
"Hai, come in!" i said
When she entered i could tell she was really excited about something cos her shoulders were back like she was holding in a deep breath in order tell me some kind of long story and her hands were hovering in the air like she was about to grab for something.
"Mitta!? Mitta!?" ("did you see it? did you see it?")
I assumed she meant the season finale and said yeah, I saw it. I had been sitting at my computer when she came in and the next thing I know she's leaning over my shoulder asking me if i'm looking up pictures of Oguri Shun, the main character of the drama, on google images...i thought the question kind of odd...i'm not some obssessed teenager. When I said no, i'd never looked him up on google images she looked at me like i had an arm growing out of my head and proceeded to tell me how she had found a really cute picture of him there- although i "might have a different taste in men" she said. Then she disappeared upstairs for a minute when she couldn't the picture she was looking for on my computer and came back downstairs holding a print out of Oguri Shun.

Here's what she brought me: 小栗 旬 

k i have to study for a quiz now but i'll write more tomorrow! peace



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

GodzillaGodzilla
Godzilla

if you look close you can see Godzilla. in this scene the power rangers come to save the japanese school girl from Godzilla. did you know that there were over 10 seasons of the power rangers in japan, insane!
Takeshita DoriTakeshita Dori
Takeshita Dori

This is a VERY busy street (as you can tell) in Harajuku. this is where all the really crazy fashion wearers such as Gothic Lolitas, Ganguro, Yamanba, etc, shop - then they go hang out in Shinjuku or Shibuya. Check out the freaky guy to the right.
CrepesCrepes
Crepes

my friend Janice and I ate crepes with ice cream and strawberries in them as we walked through harajuku
BBQ by the riverBBQ by the river
BBQ by the river

how many japanese men does it take to light a grill? alot.
FriendsFriends
Friends

Some of my new friends! Although Amy, the one on the right, looks like she belongs, she is from Philly.
Yakuza!Yakuza!
Yakuza!

me and an ex-yakuza member ! cool!


17th September 2007

Hey, Meg. I really look forward to your new blog entries every morning. Keep them coming!!
18th September 2007

Hey hon are you working on your blog,schoolwork,laundry or sleeping I haven't heard from you this am
19th September 2007

omg megan...luvd todays blog!!!!!sorry u got a bloody nose and i think we should talk about ur coke problem but u had me laughing hysterically n i about cried when i read wat u said 2 me:) i miss u more!!!!!ur blog is the hi-lite of my day and cant wait 2 c at fun n crazy stuff u get n2...miss u n luv u-krissy oh yeah why is kath always n front of a door?
19th September 2007

keep it up
Meg, you could make a total eclipse bright with your updates. It is always so much fun reading about your adventures. Just remember, keep your priorities straight:school can wait-keep the stories flowing. Love You and keep mom informed where Krissy is.
19th September 2007

Meg,meg,meg,meg
Hey you forgot to tell the meg,meg,meg,meg,meg story both of them. anyway as usual we enjoyed your blog entry and am sorry to say I have nothing as interesting as that to tell, however I am also now curious as to the door problem Kathy seemed to be having in Germany. Kath send me pics! Kelly called today everything is going good with Maddie, it was their 3rd anniversay today. Both seem to be verrry busy but doing well. I would like to know more about this weekend and where you may be going. Buy kleenex please that must have been a bloody mess. Talk to you in the am love mom
21st September 2007

you it be possible to put those bananas on dry ice and send them to me? I'll send you a peace pie. seriously. I would appreciate it megan-san.
22nd September 2007

Kamsahamnida
WOO!! I made the blog! heck yes! but megan...badminton? i had no idea. i have a net at my house, so when you come home, im formally challenging you to a game, cuz that'd be sweet. btw, i'd def take your first born, cuz that'd mean that you'd have to come visit it, which means that you cant be too far away from me, which would make my life. So, it's always real quiet in my apartment, especially at 3 AM, so from now on i think im gonna try not to read your blog at this hour, cuz i was laughing out loud, apparently like everyone else that read it, but i wasnt laughing at you, i hope i was laughing with you bc that was a pretty crazy day man and im sorry all of that bad stuff happened about having too many socks and the whole nose thing, im not gonna lie, that shtuff grosses me out, but i prolly woulda at least gotten one of your socks out to help you with the clotting or something...but no promises, sorry bud. ima work on my korean for you, seriously, i am, but when you come home, hopefully we can just talk in english for the majority of the time together. 1433333333!
22nd September 2007

ps that dude is kinda dreamy and you know i gotta look him up on google images here now to get some more of that...mmhmmmm
22nd September 2007

funny
your stream of consciousness posting style is pretty amusing, happy to check up on it from time to time.

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb