Adrenalin X-men Rush


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

"Go on - hit it son!""Go on - hit it son!""Go on - hit it son!"

Cav demonstrating his event-winning technique (note the slightly bent knee so his is ready to spring into action at first sight of a wee croc)

Words cannot describe...
Went up to the viewing platform of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office. View from the 45th floor? Meh - Tokyo's not a pretty city. Went to the Imperial Palace; the only part open to commoners is the East Garden. Looks like the walls of Canterbury. Only new. Verdict: meh. Not getting much outta Tokyo - I'm ready to leave but the Furlongs wanna persevere. I'm not convinced we'll penetrate Tokyo's ultra-civilised veneer and sample it's real character - I'm not sure it has one. Tokyo is too busy being Tokyo and completely ignores us. Example: Stace tried to play chicken with a late night salaryman as they both followed the yellow brick road that separates left from right pedestrian lane. The salaryman politely sidestepped. In the words (almost) of the the Big E - Stace kept on walking. Stace kept on walking.

Bored, we went to a theme park, pummelled a punching machine (Stace won), bashed plastic crocs with a foam mallet (Cav won) and slapped silly an air hockey puck (Cav won under protest from Stace). Festivities concluded, appropriately enough, in a glorified padded cell - an "It's a Knockout" style inflatable obstacle course complete with guffawing Stuart
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Mr Kieron and Cav (4 rows from the back) wail with pleasure as the roller-coaster roars through a hole above Tokyo's equivalent of Debenhams, almost decapitating them in the process.
Hallesque commentary from yours truly (who also thrashed the Furlongs in the time trial). Pumped up, Cav and I braved the super fast "Dolphin Drop" old skool cola-roaster (rollercoaster) - a proper rattle trap beasty that freewheeled up to 130kmph around the claustraphobically tight inner city route. We squealed our heads off - fantastic! Knock kneed Stace abstained from participating, the scaredy cat.

Had tempura for dinner - damn, you don't get much food here, especially if you're veggie. It's style over substance. Stace and I are perpetually hungry.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb