JAPAN-2018


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
April 6th 2018
Published: April 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

JAPAN- DAY 2

This morning saw us rousing our aching bones to start out again. Walking 7 miles yesterday has taken a toll on my hips. But off we go again. We decided to take a taxi to our first stop to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. This was a 15 minute taxi ride to the West side of Tokyo. This government complex is very impressive. It is a circular affair with a 200 m high double tower building anchoring one side with semi circular enclosed walkways connecting it to smaller building. The lobby is very impressive. We took the "bullett" elevator to the 45th floor for views of the entire city. It was beautiful but very hazy. We returned to earth after taking in all the views. While we were up in the observation area, it had gotten very windy. The winds were blowing at 20 miles per hour with gusts up to 50 miles per hour. We took another taxi to the Shinjuku Gyoen National Gardens. Michael had his heart set on seeing more cherry blossoms.

Well, his wish was fulfilled. There were many cherry blossoms in full bloom. Even the gale force winds could not blow them away. There were dark pink, pale pink, white, and weeping varieties. People were having bento box picnic lunches under the trees. Some of the trees were quite old and had beautiful intricate branches. Interspersed were beautiful Japanese spruce with trunks the size of trucks. There were beautiful azaleas which were not quite in full bloom and ponds with bridges and cement lanterns on the edges. It was really a beautiful Japanese garden dressed in its spring finery. After walking over 2 miles in the garden, Dennis and I returned to the hotel while John, Michael and the guide went shopping.



When Dennis and I returned to the hotel, we decided to have lunch at the Aqua lounge. This is on the 17th floor of the hotel and serves a "light" lunch. Started with champagne and then Dennis had a hamburger and I had a grilled prawn club sandwich. Absolutely delicious. Napping is on the agenda for this afternoon after a very hot bath/soak. Tonight dinner is at the Brasserie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb