Bloody Brilliant Birthday!!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Machida
July 19th 2006
Published: July 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just wanted to send off a quick blog to mainly share some photos from my birthday.

Words can't describe how wonderful my birthday here in Japan was. I had to work, which wasn't really that bad as it was a quiet day due to the 17th being a public holiday in Japan - Marine Day, apparantly. Afterwards a big group of workmates and friends went out for dinner at our favourite restaurant - The Chopstick Cafe.

It's always hard when you are away from friends and family back home, especially on special occasions, and I was quite overwhelmed at the number of special friends we have here in Japan who went to the effort of making my birthday such a special time. The wonderful staff at the Chopstick Cafe (who now know us by name and vice versa) presented me with a beautiful birthday cake, bottle of champagne and some flowers. WOW!!

After dinner we all headed out for Karaoke and ended up staying there to the wee hours of around 3am. A couple of workmates crashed at our place afterwards, as our place was a little closer than theirs. Have never been in a small apartment with
Coldplay Concert -TWO THUMBS UP!!!Coldplay Concert -TWO THUMBS UP!!!Coldplay Concert -TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Sorry, it's a bit blurry!!
three drunken, snoring men before!!!

The next day on the 18th we went to see COLDPLAY in concert.

They were BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!! The rocked!!! What an awesome concert!! If you EVER get the chance to see them perform live - YOU MUST GO!!

They performed at the Budokan Arena near the Imperial Palace. The arena holds performances but it's also where they hold Judo Tournaments. Chris Martin (lead singer) even said it was the best sounding place they'd performed in.

Oh, and we also got to see Gwyneth Paltrow and Apple in the audience (about 10meters away actually).

What a bloody brialliant 28th birthday. Thank you to everyone who has been in touch via phone/email. I'm a very lucky person to have so many wonderful friends!!

Enjoy the photos!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Some of the "Loot"Some of the "Loot"
Some of the "Loot"

Some gifts opened at midnight !!
Anpanman Backpack!Anpanman Backpack!
Anpanman Backpack!

Awesome gift from my awesome husband!!
With my awesome husband!With my awesome husband!
With my awesome husband!

At the Chopstick Cafe (hello Paul, in the background!)
Meg with MasayoMeg with Masayo
Meg with Masayo

My Japanese private student - great girl!
With Gunter and NeilWith Gunter and Neil
With Gunter and Neil

My fabulous workmates!!
Happy Birthday to You!!!Happy Birthday to You!!!
Happy Birthday to You!!!

Fantastic staff with b'day cake
Meg with Mabo and other staff!Meg with Mabo and other staff!
Meg with Mabo and other staff!

FANTASTIC GUYS - THANK YOU!!!
Karaoke after party!Karaoke after party!
Karaoke after party!

Erik, Jason and Cam doing "My Way" their way!!
The great song search!The great song search!
The great song search!

Jason, Miki (office staff/friend) and Luke (new workmate) hard at work!!
Go boys!!!Go boys!!!
Go boys!!!

New York! New York!
Gwyneth Paltrow and AppleGwyneth Paltrow and Apple
Gwyneth Paltrow and Apple

Very blurry, but wanted to include it! She's the one with long blond hair carrying the child near the sound-board.


21st July 2006

Looks like a great time
Hi Megs, Love the blog. Looks like you had a fantastic time and I'm really bummed we didn't get to Karoke when we were there. Next time you work in Japan and we visit we'll have to do it. Great picture of Cam and you and the one of Cam outside Cold Play Concert. Chat to you via email soon!

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb