We Crazy


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka » Shinsaibashi
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So on our first official day here in Japan...we don't just stay at the dorms and sleep of the jet-lag like everyone else. Our butts are up by 8:30...and we are off to Osaka by 9:00. I really don't understand how anyone can come to this country w/o speaking Japanese. We had to ask all the time where certain places were.
So first we had to get on the bus..to head to Hirakatashi eki. We had to make sure we got on the right bus. hehe! But everyone was really helpful. So that was like a 10 minute bus ride. Then at the train station...yeah..we had no idea how to buy s stupid ticket. So we had to ask...again. Which btw...super easy.
So we are on the platform....having no idea which train to get on...and each time we asked (well, we asked twice) they said the next one. So finally we just got on...w/e. And we were right. yeah. SO we are in Kyobashi...and the next train we have to take is to Osaka. And bam! we're there! heh!
In Osaka...we just start walking looking really confused. And out of nowhere...we find this underground-ish mall called Diamor. It was really nice in there...a bit confusing (made a couple of circles on accident). But we stopped and had some coffee...and Micky Ds. they had teriyaki burgers...which was pretty good.
Then after...Yasmin had said she heard of this really cool place called AmeMura (Amerikamura = American village). So we hoped on another train to Shinsaibashi. Man, this place was so awesome.
The fashion in Amemura was so cool. I guess it's where all the hip, fashionable ppl go. But dang...i really wanted to buy some clothes there. Way too expensive...
We passed a pet store too...and there were so many cute puppies and kitties. I really wanted them all.
btw...we went to a koban (police box) to ask for directions...and i wanted a picture with them. dame desu!!! Not allowed. Weird...i really wanted one too.
On the way home...it was super easy....minus the bus. We got on the wrong bus >< So instead....we just got off...and asked for more directions. One lady, who was super nice, got a Taxi for us. We were scared of the price...but it only cost us 750yen ($7ish). but we were only in there for about 5 minutes...
But we did make it home! yay!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb