Leaving Japan Day, Boo Hoo!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
January 6th 2012
Published: January 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It took us most of the morning to get packed up. We didn't plan anything other than packing and getting to the airport so it made for a relaxed day. Beth escorted us the whole was which was nice. We were all sad for our time to be ending. On the one hand it was hard to believe almost 2 weeks went by but at the same time we couldn't believe how much we had seen and done in a short time.

Beth plotted out our train schedule and after a few transfers we were on our last leg of the journey from Kyoto to the airport which is outside of Osaka (KIX).

We had plenty of time when we arrived so we enjoyed a nice big Chinese dinner at about 3:00. It was excellent, my favorite were the huge potstickers, best I've ever tasted. We trudged toward our gate, not so excited at that point to say goodbye and get in the silver tube prison for the next 10 hrs. At least on the return trip it's two hrs. shorter because of tale winds. That helps a lot.

We were both really sad saying goodbye and once the plane took off we both had tears in our eyes looking down on that massively populated country and knowing we just left our Pooky behind. She is going back to her host family for the next few weeks until school starts up again. They were very gracious and offered for her to stay which they are not obligated to do.

The trip back wasn't too bad, I got a few hrs. rest on the plane and crashed for another hr. or so in San Fran on lay over. We almost missed our call after 3 hrs of being there, we were half asleep!

We're back in Pueblo now, Luke picked us up at DIA, puddin missed us and our house feels lilke a mansion after those little hotel rooms. Our own bed sure is comfy but I'd love to have one or two more weeks in Japan. Se La Vie, back to realityville.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb