Kyoto - land of a thousand temples


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
April 25th 2006
Published: April 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We've seen it all in Kyoto - a thousand temples - taken Tea with the Geisha, been attacked by deer...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Traditional Japanese Meal Traditional Japanese Meal
Traditional Japanese Meal

We went out to a traditional Japanese place for dinner, which we knew catered for strange Vegetarian type people like us ! Very nice meal - luckily I didn't have to kneel for the whole meal Japanese style or that would have been the last of my legs - they had a clever hole under the table so that you could pretend to be kneeling without the pain :-) The first time we went for the set six course meal, and it was so delicious that we went back two days later and had the set eight course meal! What piggies! Highlight was deep fried bark - surprisingly tasty!
Pachino SlotPachino Slot
Pachino Slot

The Japanese are crazy for their slot machines - here's a picture that I took just before the ladies at the end shouted at me for putting them off the latest pull at the one armed bandit...
Play Play
Play

We went to a traditional Japanese play - now this was decidely strange, there was a lot of pointing and no talking and we quickly worked out that it was pantomime like nothing you've seen before - the climax of which involved breaking a lot of plates...


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb