Kiyomizu-dera temple and the Bamboo forest


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
December 18th 2022
Published: December 18th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Girls in kimonosGirls in kimonosGirls in kimonos

Tourists can wear kimonos throughout the touristy spots.
Today we tightened up our laces and got some good walking in to a breakthrough bamboo forest and the Kiyomizu-dera Temple. Both were in different directions, but we found them via public trains and busses.

You'll see one of my pictures is if a pictorial in the toilet. Japan does toilets right! Seats are heated, but not in a way where you are feeling the ghost of the previous occupant, does go to the floor with no huge cracks, there's an option in most to turn on a running water noise so no one can hear what you're up to, and overall it's the best toilet experience in the planet. Ridiculous that I'm writing this? Yes. Am I sincere? Also yes.

Japan is wonderful and I am so glad I came in December during the off season and for most of my friends reading this, you should come at this time as well. The tourist track has been very manageable and I imagine it’s very, very busy in the summer. Now we have time to ask questions, search for our train, and the wait for most things has been negligible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The bamboo forestThe bamboo forest
The bamboo forest

It was quite small, but still a fun visit. Grab some coffee, listen to the wind in the leaves


18th December 2022

why
why are the little guys wearing little curtains around them?
18th December 2022

We didn't know at first either
It appears they are Jizo statues, which are guardians of babies and travelers. The bibs are added so as to protect the guardians themselves who do the important work of protecting children.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb