Day 11 Hiroshima to Kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
November 20th 2007
Published: November 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Greetings,
Its been a few days but got a chance to get to a terminal... chuffing cold outside, so needed some warmth.
Hiroshima to Kyoto buy Shinkansan (Bullet) Nothing much to report here really changed at Oaska to a local train Got into the japanese habbit of buying a form of bento box for lunch before getting on the train.

Got to Kyoto, I had read that the station building was modern and impressive. Boy were they right. You can get a series of escalators to the 12th floor Think of a giant V so Each side you can go up and look down into the concourse. with restaurants on the 8th and 9th floor. and a giant christmas tree, on about the 6th floor. Wait till i can get the piccies uploaded you will see!
Right off to the roykan very modern, communal bath in the basement but this time I have on suite facilities as well. No curtains on the paper screen window though so will see how that works out. Dropped the bag and waited in the lobby to be picked up by a kimono wearing assistant who will accompany me to a
Looking down one side of the VLooking down one side of the VLooking down one side of the V

The 'Xmas' tree is about half way down
member of the womens Association of Kyoto. where I will learn Origami for a couple of hours (Need to be accompanied so the neighbours dont think she is of doubtful reputation) It was great fun! Had my photo taken for their next leaflet. Made a box with a lid, Samauri helmet, jumping frog and other bits, got to keep it all and a book on how they are made and some washi paper for practising at home!
Was taken back to the roykan and had dinner in my room (as is the custom) then popped out while they got my bed out the cupboard, Well I intended it to be a quick pop out. Ended up walking for about 3 miles popped in a bar for rest (honest) got talking to the bar man and I kinda forgot excatly where my Inn was. Found it in the end after an hour of walking up and down the dark narrow streets (its so safe here darkness is not an issue). I was a bit miffed with myself for making a basic mistake but hay thats part of the fun! Besides the following still couldn't find it directly in daylight.
So its a bit of a short one today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb