Kenrokuen


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kanagawa
March 19th 2010
Published: March 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post



Situated in the heart of Kanazaza city, one of the largest cities in Hokuriku region facing to the Sea of Japan, is a typical Edo-style garden, featuring ponds, streams, laurel hedges, Japanese teahouses, lanterns, fountains, hills, and a wide variety of shrubs and trees, which delight tourists throughout the year together with herons, ducks, and a shoal of carps. In spring, Japanese national flowers, cherry blossoms are out, pink, red, white violet azaleas and rhododendrons, pinkish and pale blue hydrangeas, violet irises decorate the lush parkland from spring to summer. After the height of the summer, the green foliage turn its colour to gold, orange, red, wine red, and yellow, reflect on the clear water and entertain the tourists. Gardeners start assembling frames around historical pine trees in November. The white flakes stay on the arched frames, which do not only protect them from the snow but also demonstrate the showpiece around the rocks and historical trees, which were planted by historical celebrities over 200 years ago.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb