Silver Week Bliss


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hyogo
September 23rd 2009
Published: September 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Kinosaki Onsen!Kinosaki Onsen!Kinosaki Onsen!

Morning calm
The five-days holidays came just at the right timing when my two close friends Jane and Cindy visited from Vancouver. It was a funny feeling seeing them in Japan at first. I've done and seen so much since arrival in this country to the point that my brain often fail to connect the amount of events happened with this short span of time. And my two friends constantly remind me that I've only been away from home for one month and a half.

The holidays were grand. Went to the maddest Danjiri Matsuri in Japan, Kobe for the best beef on earth, and Kinosaki Onsen, which was pure heaven!

My photos are arranged in the order of events. Kinosaki onsen, Kishiwada festival, and Kobe beef.

Kinosaki onsen town is a very peaceful town in Hyogo-ken almost on the coastline of Japan. Surrounded by small rice paddies, it's far away from the hustle and bustle of a city. And the four hours train ride was very pleasant. Sure can't beat the combination of reading, taking naps, and marveling at the inaka scenery.

After arrival at Kinosaki, the ryokan that we stayed sent a van to the station to
Kobe beefKobe beefKobe beef

what a meal
pick us up. We were greeted by warm welcomes. The ryokan was not the best one. Two weeks before the holidays, ryokans were all booked up. Jane found this one which was 10 minutes walk away from the onsen street. Nonetheless, it was a homey one and our room was just facing this lovely Japanese style garden. And the dinner was grand. Pure luxury. Absolutely worth the money.

After dinner we went onsen crawling. Went to all seven onsens from 7pm to 1030pm. It was a beautiful scene, everyone dressed up in yukata, and the sounds of geta (Japanese wooden sandals) hitting the floor were just like a summery symphony protruding out from the silence of the night. And the dime light on the streets guided and welcomed us from one onsen to another. (But too bad that none of us brought a camera that night.)

Out of the seven, Satonoyu and Gosyonoyu were the best two. Satonoyu had a variety of onsens, including cold bath, warm bath, sauna room, ice room, and outdoor bath. Gosyonoyu was the bomb though. The second day we woke up early and just went to Gosyonoyu. It had a gorgeous outdoor onsen. The bath area was built with large rocks. Imagine yourself sitting on rocks, soaking in the warmth of onsen water, facing a beautiful small green hill with an elegant waterfall. Simply relax your jaw, your spine, your toes, your mind and soul. Let them sink, every inch of your skin directly connected with nature. I couldn't resist but sat in lotus position for a short meditation, and finished it with a few yoga poses.

My soul was spoiled.

And...it was cool to be naked in front of your friends whom you've known for years. ^^ Hakaka.

Danjiri festival was great. It's known that at least one person die every year during the matsuri. And they still keep running. According to the man (see my third photo), he said I quote, "I've got festivals IN MY BLOOD"! Class. I just love all the energetic souls I've seen that day. Love it Love it.

Kobe beef was wonderful too. The beef was so juicy and rich that the fat was evenly distributed within the piece of meat and when you eat it, it's got fat burst out into every corner of your mouth. Pampering every single taste buds. Love it love it.

All and all I had a fantastic silver week, more than words can describe. Thanks everyone who had shared this wonderful time and moments with me.

We came, we saw, we conquered. I love all of you! ^^

(There are three pages of photos)


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Osaka -- Restaurant Osaka -- Restaurant
Osaka -- Restaurant

Seven people eight peace signs
KishidawaKishidawa
Kishidawa

Friends
Kinosaki onsenKinosaki onsen
Kinosaki onsen

Haha paradise...
Kinosaki onsen -- 1st onsenKinosaki onsen -- 1st onsen
Kinosaki onsen -- 1st onsen

One of best two onsens
Kinosaki onsen -- omiyageKinosaki onsen -- omiyage
Kinosaki onsen -- omiyage

For my beloved co-workers yeah
Kinosaki onsenKinosaki onsen
Kinosaki onsen

feet onsen


Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb