Saturday May 9, 2009


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido » Sapporo
May 9th 2009
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A day in Sapporo, Japan. We are in the northern area of Japan in the region of Hokkaido today.

Tour of Shadai Farms:

We had a breakfast of rice balls and miso soup, a baguette and green tea.

We took the express train to Shadai Farms and were able to view 3 of the mares and their foals, next we went to the stallion station to view the three sires of the foals we saw: Fuji Kiseki, Deep Impact, Agnes Tachyon. We were also able to view War Emblem.

Shadai Farms has 3 horses in the upcoming Japan Derby: Reach the Crown, Request Song, and Golden Ticket.
The Japan Derby is going to be held on May 31st of this year, which is also our 1st wedding anniversary so maybe it will bring them luck.

After returning to Sapporo, we walked through Odori park and past the famous clock tower, more about the clock tower later.

Having no luck finding the restaurant we needed to go to, we asked two college girls if they could give us directions. They said they didn't know how to give us directions in English, but that they would walk with us to show us the way. We communicated in broken English as they asked all about us and our trip. When we arrived at the restaurant we took our pictures with them, the Japanese love taking pictures just like me=) We thanked them profusely and went into the restaurant.

Dinner at Kanihonke Restaurant, now this is what I think about when I think of a Japanese restaurant!!!
After removing our shoes we head upstairs on the plush carpet to be greeted by ladies in Kimonos and shown to a private dining room, we we sit on the floor to eat. My favorite!!! The crab is the specialty here and it was absolutely wonderful!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.113s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb