Hiroshima Photos


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hiroshima
June 10th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just a small selection of photos from Hiroshima. I'll be doing a separate one for our island adventures on Miyajima :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

A-bomb DomeA-bomb Dome
A-bomb Dome

This is possibly Hiroshima's most well known landmark. It's one of the few buildings that was left after the bomb fell and now serves as a reminder to all about the destructive power these weapons have. A very sobering place to visit.
A-bomb DomeA-bomb Dome
A-bomb Dome

The building isn't as big as you imagine but it still holds power over you when you see it.
A-bomb Dome and CenotaphA-bomb Dome and Cenotaph
A-bomb Dome and Cenotaph

In the 60s, this whole area was designated as a peace park.
Choo chooChoo choo
Choo choo

We spotted this steam locomotive randomly sitting outside the Children's Museum. It was kitted out so that anyone could go inside and have a play. Needless to say that we did just that - that's Glynn pretending to be a train driver. A life's ambition come true, I wonder?
Choo chooChoo choo
Choo choo

I couldn't resist having a go either!
Japanese GigoloJapanese Gigolo
Japanese Gigolo

Everywhere we go in Japan, we arefaced with this terrible sight! I think someone forgot to tell the Japenese guys that the Limahl look was never cool but these guys really think they are the business, strutting around on the streets doing their best trashy New Romantic poses. It's just wrong!


Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.2s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb